DEMO Marshall Tube Pre-amp build šŸ¤˜šŸ¼

This post contains an audio or video demo
This build looks awesome! I've been toying around with the idea of doing something similar with either a JCM 800 or OR120 preamp so this has given me the push to finally do it. Quick question about the presence control. How did you go about wiring it up given that it's usually tied into the negative feedback loop? I've seen some implementations on JCM 800 JFET pedals, but not sure how it's translated to this preamp build. Would love to hear your thoughts as I couldn't tell from the photos. Also, have you found the Nixie power supply pretty stable and not introducing any noise? Would love to not have to include filter capacitors to the HV rail.
Thanks man. Glad itā€™s inspiring you to move forward. The presence knob indeed is part of the feedback loop in the amp layout but with this being just the pre section I just have it more as a final tone knob, itā€™s not really a presence control but it is sort of. Thereā€™s no negative feedback section. For the nixie board Iā€™m using one of the PedalPCB boards and went with oversized caps and have had zero issues with this build or my blackvibe build which is the fender version. I have one more power board left and just canā€™t decide what other epic amp to do. Looking at a few different options but nothing is screaming build me yet. Pedalpcb isnā€™t currently selling those power boards but both Sushibox and frog pedals do offer them. Good luck and BE Careful. The HV is no joke and can bite you hard.

Back