MBP Current Lover 2023

VanWhy

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Hell yeah. I've been wanting to build this for awhile. I built this with the MN3007 to be able to run at 18V.

I can't remember if I've ever played the original but, damn this sounds cool as hell. I like it as much if not more than the Byzantium build I did. Even tho they sound pretty different.

Had a fun time building. Everything was laid out very nicely on the board. I liked coming up with random graphics. I'm very satisfied with how everything came out. Top notch project. Highly recommended.

Attachments

• 20240115_163311.jpg
    20240115_163311.jpg
    568 KB · Views: 41
  • 20240115_163326.jpg
    20240115_163326.jpg
    762.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 20240115_163343.jpg
    20240115_163343.jpg
    562 KB · Views: 41
That looks terrific! And it is a really great pedal, isn’t it?

I had never owned a flanger and so I built the Current Lover, also at 18 V, and it became hands-down my favorite modulation pedal. I liked it so much that I decided to also build the Lectric-FX version (Old Chap) They are both modeled on the Electric Mistress and I find them to be slightly different – the CL seems a bit more vivid in the high frequencies, while the Old Chap is a bit more thick and subtle. I ultimately decided I couldn’t pick between the two so now they are daisychained on my pedal board so I can switch back-and-forth between them easily. If you really like the Current Lover, I’d suggest checking out the Old Chap as well.

Again, terrific work, as always.

Mike IMG_0589.jpeg

That looks terrific! And it is a really great pedal, isn’t it?

I had never owned a flanger and so I built the Current Lover, also at 18 V, and it became hands-down my favorite modulation pedal. I liked it so much that I decided to also build the Lectric-FX version (Old Chap) They are both modeled on the Electric Mistress and I find them to be slightly different – the CL seems a bit more vivid in the high frequencies, while the Old Chap is a bit more thick and subtle. I ultimately decided I couldn’t pick between the two so now they are daisychained on my pedal board so I can switch back-and-forth between them easily. If you really like the Current Lover, I’d suggest checking out the Old Chap as well.

Again, terrific work, as always.

Mike View attachment 65997
Thanks, Mike! I almost regret building the Byzantium first. The BF-2 is an awesome flanger, but the current lover is more usable for my applications. I think I have to build the Old Chap now! Thanks for the recommendation.

Back