MBP touchstone

Paradox916

never played a small clone before and I have to say where this pedal shines for me is in the more subtle settings where you can obviously tell it’s a modulation pedal but aren’t quite sure if it’s a chorus or something else, settings above that just sound like a chorus pedal… built to spec no monkey biz here…: carry on F08DE713-EBFF-40C1-9644-261BD3E5D3AA.jpeg F9F0B1D0-3100-4CA4-9EB7-3BA0A43ABE21.jpeg

Have you melted a bunch of caps dude? Is that why we're going with the arty glamour shots at a weird angle to hide the molten caps? You can tell us, we won't judge 🤣

Say what you want about my mom… but that’s just mean. It’s ok I still love you. Tell you what Ill do a mini build report in this build report of a different pedal (because Im too lazy to open it back up.

View attachment 35390

Honestly Robin these all look fantastic. How are you finishing these? Are they tayda printed Enclosures or are you doing something else?
Thanks Colin! I have amplifyfun do the uv prints, I have also had them do some CNC work, and they are just up the road a couple of hours from me ( I like supporting local businesses) for a printed 125b it’s only about $1 more than tayda but I can get them a lot quicker because they are close. So the extra $ makes sense to me .

Thanks Colin! I have amplifyfun do the uv prints, I have also had them do some CNC work, and they are just up the road a couple of hours from me ( I like supporting local businesses) for a printed 125b it’s only about $1 more than tayda but I can get them a lot quicker because they are close. So the extra $ makes sense to me .

100% I'd always rather support a local business and that's a seriously good price. It's too good not to use them.

They all look absolutely fantastic. I'm loving them dude.

These look awesome as usual dude. I just built then "Mini-Me" version of this pedal and have the Touchstone in my pile of MBP stuff.
I agree, works best as a "touch of chorus" effect as opposed to how Curt Cobain used his Small Clone hahaha.

My one issue with the Mini-Me so far (besides some of the wierdness of building a board from a mfgr I'm not familiar with) is that it's pretty easy to overdrive the BBD's and clip them. So with my typical 'hot and boosted but not necessarily overdriven" sound it doesn't work very well, especially with P90's. Do you see this happening with the Touchstone? The board otherwise like extremely similar except for the 3007 in the MBP.
(I used a 3207 in the Mini-Me). Thanks!

These look awesome as usual dude. I just built then "Mini-Me" version of this pedal and have the Touchstone in my pile of MBP stuff.
I agree, works best as a "touch of chorus" effect as opposed to how Curt Cobain used his Small Clone hahaha.

My one issue with the Mini-Me so far (besides some of the wierdness of building a board from a mfgr I'm not familiar with) is that it's pretty easy to overdrive the BBD's and clip them. So with my typical 'hot and boosted but not necessarily overdriven" sound it doesn't work very well, especially with P90's. Do you see this happening with the Touchstone? The board otherwise like extremely similar except for the 3007 in the MBP.
This one didn’t seem to have any problems handling a boosted signal that I noticed, ( clean or dirty) but I’m also not in to dripping wet chorus in situations where Im running a boosted signal, I’ll have to play with it today if I get a chance and really pay attention… I’ll let you know.

Got a chance to play a little, the touchstone didn’t seem to interact negatively in any way with an Boosted or over driven signal but definitely sounded more crisp and clean with a single coil(coil tapped humbuckers) but thats the nature of the beast I believe.

Last edited:
Nice mythosaur skull! I have a similar boba themed pedal that I’m trying to do a PCB layout for- just need to figure out the Madbean KiCad libraries before I can get it ordered.
Sometimes I toy with the idea of chasing diptrace and all that but then I realize I really don’t have that much to bring to the table and don’t sell enough to make my own pcbs.. but it does sound like fun.

Back