Hey folks!
I want to mod the clipping section of my Aion Stratus, I have already modded some EQ and how the tone pot works with changing values in C8, C3 and R6. I like this very much!
I like the standard ts9 clipping and the LED-clipping (clipping switch down and in the middle), I was thinking to change the upper position, that is standard two diodes (1N914) in each direction. I would like to keep two diodes on one side and put a MOSFET 2N7000 on the other side. That would give me some nice asymmetrical clipping according to what I found on the interwebz. Is this fake news or will this indeed give me a nice dynamic growl that is different than the two other positions of the clipping switch?
So i leave D4 and D5 on their place.
D6 and D7 are going out and I place the 2N7000 Source in the first hole of D6 and Gate and Drain together in the second hole of D7.
Is this correct? as you can see on the last drawing I made.
Thanks! Love!
I want to mod the clipping section of my Aion Stratus, I have already modded some EQ and how the tone pot works with changing values in C8, C3 and R6. I like this very much!
I like the standard ts9 clipping and the LED-clipping (clipping switch down and in the middle), I was thinking to change the upper position, that is standard two diodes (1N914) in each direction. I would like to keep two diodes on one side and put a MOSFET 2N7000 on the other side. That would give me some nice asymmetrical clipping according to what I found on the interwebz. Is this fake news or will this indeed give me a nice dynamic growl that is different than the two other positions of the clipping switch?
So i leave D4 and D5 on their place.
D6 and D7 are going out and I place the 2N7000 Source in the first hole of D6 and Gate and Drain together in the second hole of D7.
Is this correct? as you can see on the last drawing I made.
Thanks! Love!
Last edited: