DEMO Moonn Ultra Schwurbel

This post contains an audio or video demo

jcpst

It’s a Schwerbel, but two of them together that you can blend.

I had the enclosure and PCB ready for this over a month ago. I was just missing one pot. My parts came in for my next batch, so I went straight to finishing this one.

This is the first build since my knee surgery. I can now sit at the desk long enough to work on pedals again. I’m back!

In the build docs it says the speed knobs are backwards. Rather than flipping it around, I just called it ‘slow’ instead.

When I fired it up the first time it didn’t work. Oh, whoops

IMG_1244.jpeg

So I swapped around my cables and it worked fine.

No biggie, just flip em around.
IMG_1248.jpeg

But wait, there’s more. Whoops

IMG_1246.jpeg

So I pulled that trimpot out and replaced it with a lead. I didn’t really need the LED trim anyway.

IMG_1253.jpeg

Also, I made a little demo in case anyone wonders what it sounds like.

View attachment DPWM Demo.mp3

Nice! I only heard about Moonn because of their sale a few months ago and am still waiting on my order. Can't remember if I got one of these, but sounds gnarly. Nice job troubleshooting too!

Nice! I only heard about Moonn because of their sale a few months ago and am still waiting on my order. Can't remember if I got one of these, but sounds gnarly. Nice job troubleshooting too!
Yeah, that seems to be typical. My order took a few months, but I eventually got it. There was an extra pcb tossed in too.

Oh yeah I totally schnapped into this schwurbel. I’m just gonna leave Mr. Savage’s musical contributions here to scar anyone that has never heard it:

That sounds awesome!

Good to hear you're recuperating from the knee surgery, too.

Thanks! I think I need to experiment with it more. So far one PWM sounds better than both- there’s a lot of settings where phase cancellation is taking out all the bottom end.

That sounds really cool. I know what you mean about recovering from surgery having just had carpal tunnel and arthroscopic shoulder surgery.

... So far one PWM sounds better than both- there’s a lot of settings where phase cancellation is taking out all the bottom end.

I was lamenting that I only got a single Schwurbel, until I read the bit about the bottom falling out.

hatchet-harry BASS.jpeg

No, 'arry, you can't.

Still... that bottom-loss is only on "a lot of settings", not all settings ... your Schwurbel Deluxe does sound great... hmmm ... maybe next year?🤔

I was lamenting that I only got a single Schwurbel, until I read the bit about the bottom falling out.

View attachment 81411

No, 'arry, you can't.

Still... that bottom-loss is only on "a lot of settings", not all settings ... your Schwurbel Deluxe does sound great... hmmm ... maybe next year?🤔
The two together does have an almost chorus like effect, and then of course two different pulse speeds beating against each other is cool. A clean blend would go a long way towards getting both schwurbs to get funky with a bass.

Back