Muff with some options

Locrian99

Few weeks ago I decided to try my hand at designing a pcb. Mainly because I wanted something with ansimikar tine stack switching as the aion halo and didnt want to offboard wire a switch. And have just never loved building aions boards because of how the wiring is all done. In the past i have made a danube board work for this.

So I got diptrace downloaded and dove in. Lots of messing around but it is fairly straight forward. I screwed up my first order by using auto router and having an error on my schematic. Second attempt was a success though. I failed to connect my jack ground pads to the ground copper pour still oops. But that was a super easy fix. And need to clean up some font/ref des issues. Since laying this one out ive done several more and could for sure so a better job of some things. But when using it none if those matter.

I used the aion halo 73 gilmour values pretty much throughtout. However in the tonestack i did kind of my own thing.

Tone switching is an on/off/on that uses a 3n9 in the off position and adds either a 3n3 or 12n in parallel.

Diode switching is either no clipping diodes, red, or 4148’s. This is one area i would like to do some more experimentation. Of the three options i do think the led’s are my favorite, but a big part of the difference i think to my ears is the volume drop, its fairly sizable between the red and 4148’s. Ive heard of using a resistor in series i believe (ill have to go look again) to take the jump. But i think id rather raise the volume somehow with the 4148’s.

Anyways pretty stoked to have a working pedal, and a pretty damn good sounding muff in my opinion.

IMG_8958.jpeg IMG_8959.jpeg

Back