Multimeters

almondcity

I've searched through some of the older topics and it seems like Fluke is the way to go on DMM

It seems like the cheapest one is now the Fluke 107. This should be sufficient for pedal stuff right?

The Fluke 107 looks great, but what about a $30ish multimeter? Any thoughts on other brands or models? Klein, GB, or Triplett? I'm pretty much using mine for ohms and continuity. Occasionally a voltage reading... and maybe accidentally frying my $7 multimeter when wrenching an engine in the barn...

The Fluke 107 looks great, but what about a $30ish multimeter? Any thoughts on other brands or models? Klein, GB, or Triplett? I'm pretty much using mine for ohms and continuity. Occasionally a voltage reading... and maybe accidentally frying my $7 multimeter when wrenching an engine in the barn...
It really depends. If you are not checking component values, you may never need anymore than that. Then again, if you were, I'd suggest spending the money on a Peak device for that purpose, rather than a DMM.

Have to agree with thewintersoldier.

I've got a cheap Canadian Tire DMM (less than CAN$30 IIRC) and a cheap (but higher spec than the Can Tire) Chinese brand DMM.

One DMM is mandatory IMO (I honestly can't fathom getting by without one), two is handy.

Back