Mystery machine rotary switch question.

PAGOON

I was wondering is there a wrong way to install this rotary switch… every rotary switch I install the tabs is at the bottom this time I wasn’t looking and it’s at the top like it’s 180• degrees out from how usually do them..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 7
Just always remember, every potentiometer, toggle, and rotary always go on the opposite side of the components.

The few exceptions are trim pots and some slide toggles. That is because it makes for "easy" access when opening the back of the pedal to tweak parameters. In a few cases, I wire a potentiometer to the trim pot spot, so I am able to actively control the parameters from the top of the pedal with the other potentiometers.

Definitely dig the Mystery Machine. I use it for mostly low gain drive/distortion. Personally haven't found a good transistor to use for the "heavier" distortion/fuzz side. Probably because I'm still struggling with fuzz since Overdrive is my jam.

Just always remember, every potentiometer, toggle, and rotary always go on the opposite side of the components.

The few exceptions are trim pots and some slide toggles. That is because it makes for "easy" access when opening the back of the pedal to tweak parameters. In a few cases, I wire a potentiometer to the trim pot spot, so I am able to actively control the parameters from the top of the pedal with the other potentiometers.

Definitely dig the Mystery Machine. I use it for mostly low gain drive/distortion. Personally haven't found a good transistor to use for the "heavier" distortion/fuzz side. Probably because I'm still struggling with fuzz since Overdrive is my jam.
I used ac128 58hfe .128ma and 128hfe .600ma but I socketed the q1 q2… if overdrive is your thing try the snake oil Machine/engine or something pedal .. I forgot its full name I love that pedal and the odd fellows caveman derailer are my favorites!

Back
Top Bottom