Need help for a Stick-related project: Stereo/mono and Volume

Dali

I just got a Stick and got many friends that do too and many needs a simple "portable volume and stereo/mono" solution.

Pot: Left Right (value?)
Pot: Volume (value?)
Switch: stereo to mono (type?)

I know nothing in electronic (even after 40 pedals built !). I don't even know if the thing would need a battery or not.

The aim is to get a "portable" solution (being able to attach the box on the Stick or a common belt) and move freely in a room with amplifier attach to body as well.

1. Is it possible without a 9v or AA battery?
2. What would be best values for the potentiometers and switch
3. Is it even realistic for a newbie like me when no PCB is available for such a thing to build?

Portability/Stick integration and simplicity are keys.

Thanks for any help and knowledge you can provide (even if it's bad news)!

When you say left/right— you mean that you essentially want a pot to crossfade between the treble and bass side outputs of the stick? Or you want something that takes the summer bass and treble side outputs of the stick, and pans them left/right in a two amp setup?

When you say left/right— you mean that you essentially want a pot to crossfade between the treble and bass side outputs of the stick? Or you want something that takes the summer bass and treble side outputs of the stick, and pans them left/right in a two amp setup?
Crossfade between Bass/Melody.

Stereo in to balance. Then converted to mono and then the volume pot.

Ok, so that’s definitely possible via an active circuit though I’m not sure of a schematic for that. It is also possible passively, with the caveat that you will have some degree of signal loss no matter what— thought that can be partially mitigated if you don’t mind doing some potentiometer surgery.
Speaking of sticks though, I’m in Manhattan rn became I’m seeing King Crimson (for likely the final time 😢) tonight, so I can’t draw up what that would look like for you currently. PM me if you’d like, and I can draw something up to show you my idea for how you could do it passively tomorrow or this weekend.

Ok, so that’s definitely possible via an active circuit though I’m not sure of a schematic for that. It is also possible passively, with the caveat that you will have some degree of signal loss no matter what— thought that can be partially mitigated if you don’t mind doing some potentiometer surgery.
Speaking of sticks though, I’m in Manhattan rn became I’m seeing King Crimson (for likely the final time 😢) tonight, so I can’t draw up what that would look like for you currently. PM me if you’d like, and I can draw something up to show you my idea for how you could do it passively tomorrow or this weekend.
My friend asking for that will probably be in attendance... :)

Say hello to Pat and Tony. I still hope it's "only" a final US Tour and not the final North America Tour...

My friend asking for that will probably be in attendance... :)

Say hello to Pat and Tony. I still hope it's "only" a final US Tour and not the final North America Tour...
With how much singleton has gone back and forth about it being a final tour, I’m not sure what to think.
I’d say hi to Pat and Tony if I was seeing Stick Men at the iridium, but let’s be honest— this is the Beacon, and I’m practically in the nosebleeds— they’ll probably be halfway to Boston by the time I get back down to the lobby 😂

Back