New? Belton modules (bricks)? 99fx and ABE

jwin615

Anyone eye called the new(to me anyway) Belton offerings?

-The fx16/32/99 are multi effects modules. The # indicating the number of fx programs. Little Bear has them in stock with the 99 being $40. That's a lot of bang for buck! And, it has several reverse reverb programs! Mono in, stereo out. Can drive a dual 7 segment display with a little extra circuitry. I'm guessing this is BCD out, it's early and didn't dive in.
Program list:

1000004252.png

-The ABE/Accu-Bell Sound Effektor is based around the cool audio V100p DSP and comes with 3 Belton(non-stock) programs, Chorus, Echo(with tap tempo) and plate reverb. Mono in, stereo out. It can supposedly be ordered(per Belton)with BTDR replacement programs as well. That gives you upgraded ADDA and access to a program internal tone control.
Little Bear had these at $30 at some point. They look slimmer than the bricks some maybe we'll see some in pedals at some point.
Pretty cool stuff. I would have liked to have seen a way for one to pull certain program numbers from the 99fx, but it's made for in console type fx, not pedal builders. Someone smarted than me could probably drive it with an ionpin on a microcontroller though.
Datasheets are here

Unless these are different from the ones I've looked at, the biggest catch is that there is no way to adjust parameters.

There are technically only 14 effects, each one has several "presets".

For example, the tremolo appears to have Fast, Medium, and Slow speeds. The Echo has preset delay times. There doesn't seem to be a way to manually dial in a rate / time.

Unless these are different from the ones I've looked at, the biggest catch is that there is no way to adjust parameters.

For example, the tremolo appears to have Fast, Medium, and Slow speeds. The Echo has preset delay times. There doesn't seem to be a way to manually dial in a rate / time.
The ABE definitely seems to be the more pedal friendly option.

The 99fx is more like these two distilled down to a brick.(With a higher sampling rate and without the stupid ct power supply)
2024-05-1308.37.361618040747312639673.jpg

Back