No Sound from Normal Channel - Mofeta

talljohnbrown

I recently finished a Mofeta build, and everything seems to be in good order with the exception that I am getting no sound from the "Normal" channel. The bright channel is working great, and I know that there isn't a bias issue, as I was able to get the gain and bright trim pots set up in a way I like. When I went to go adjust the normal trim pot I wasn't getting anything. I should mention that the normal knob was turned all the way up and the bright knob was turned all the way down and the level was also turned all the way up. I have verified I am not having any shorts, which leaves the possibility of a bad component. The tricky part is I am not sure what it would be. I have tested both the 100p, 22n, and 47u cap and all seem to be in working order. I might end up replacing them anyway, but I am about 50/50 on desoldering components without ripping the copper pad off so that is a last resort if I can keep it to a limited number of components to replace. Any advice as to what other steps I should be taking to figure out why this is happening?

Solution
In a moment of pure embarrassment, I found the problem. My spatial awareness turns out I was turning the wrong pot this whole time and everything works. Case closed.
So I replaced the 100pf and 47uf caps unscathed, and still no luck. Tested all three trim pots, and all have approximately the same value. Kinda confused at this point because I am not sure what else to test at this point. I verified the 22uf cap and that is in good shape as well. Both resistors in the channel are not higher than they should be. The pot that handles the level of the channel is measured a bit low for an A1M (currently measuring 600k), but I figured lower resistance would let more voltage through thus allowing more signal. May have to put this on the back burner for a bit and let my brain relax.

Back