Offboard Components Recommendations

I just don't like the way they look. I like the simple mono jack, kept in a relatively small footprint - everything looks nice and tidy. If I switch from Lumbergs I think I'm going to have a hard time finding something else I like.

Tooootally feel that. It's funny how dedicated we get to small things in this, but I guess that's a lot of being a guitar nerd in general too. I have a whole grip of box film caps that I go out of my way to not use because I used them in a build that I absolutely butchered the circuit board on and it reminds me of it. They were cheap so it's no loss but it always cracks me up when I find myself going "no, no, not that 100nf"

Still waiting for delivery but I’m pretty sure I found these on aliexpress for 10¢ a pop, I’ll update if it’s a complete match

Ended up being an exact match. AliExpress link. 13¢ each. There's probably other sellers selling more for less per, but I didn't want too many in case I didn't like them. I ordered March 16th and they came yesterday but I also used the slowest, free shipping option.

IMG_5954(3) (Custom).jpg
IMG_5953(3).bak (Custom).JPG

PSA @StompBoxParts now carries pre-cut 2” 8-conductor ribbon cable, similar to the Molex 2” ribbon cable in my original post but even cheaper.

cut ‘em in half and they’re perfect for 3PDT breakout boards!

I got these of Digikey which end up being cheaper, but you have to strip them yourself, which is a PITA:

Back