Open source DIY Loop Switcher

optilude

Member
I’ve designed an open source (hardware and software) eight-loop switcher. It fits in a 1590D enclosure (just) and uses dual-coil relays for quiet switching. There’s a small screen to manage presets, and it can send downstream MIDI (no MIDI in, though, at least not in this revision). The brains of the operation is an Arduino Nano Every, which controls the relays and LEDs.

Demo:

Source code and hardware: https://github.com/optilude/LoopSwitcher
 
Awesome. I have some half-baked switcher designs. Glad you followed through! I’ll be browsing that repo, thanks for sharing!
 
Awesome. I have some half-baked switcher designs. Glad you followed through! I’ll be browsing that repo, thanks for sharing!
I’d love to hear about it if you end up building it!

Full disclosure - the PCB design in the repo is a revision of what I actually built. I’d screwed up a capacitor on the power input to the two MCP23017 I/O expanders, somehow failed to connect the Arduino ground pin to the ground net, and didn’t have MIDI out originally. All of those I fixed with some hand soldering and extra wires and components. I’ve carefully updated the schematic and layout so what you see in the repo should have those fixed, but I can’t justify ordering a whole new set of PCBs and components to verify it works. I’m pretty confident it will though.
 
Back
Top