PAL959?

Preverb

I was recently reading the main difference with a 1959 and JCM800 is the gain stages were separate in the 1959. I assume that means the PCBs for the PAL800 and PAL959 would be quite close? Has anyone tried to figure out how to mod one of the 800 PCBs into a 959???

Attachments

• PAL 959 v2 Internals.jpg
    PAL 959 v2 Internals.jpg
    431.5 KB · Views: 27
Interested as well. As much as I like gainy hard rock pedals, some Plexi midrangey 'bark' can be addictive.

FWIW, the PAL800 (according to the schematic in the '800' doc) appears to be a lightly tweaked version of the JCM800 JFET circuit created by Electrictabs in the DIY community. Looks pretty much identical, except for a Presence control and some filtering at the end of the circuit.

I cut and paste pics of the 800 and 959 boards side by side. Looks like it wouldn't be possible to just modify the existing PCB since there are a few extra capacitors.

I think someone requested the 959 previously, but it is now archived with no way to add more people interested to the list.

900+959.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys, reviving this thread also curious the differences and would like to do the 959 Plexi pedal. They seem almost identical to the eye, besides a couple additional caps in the Plexi.

What type of transistors are those?

Last edited:
In another thread, I guess, someone revealed to me that those transistors are double: in one package there are two transistors, so six pins. This is what I get.

In another thread, I guess, someone revealed to me that those transistors are double: in one package there are two transistors, so six pins. This is what I get.

Do we know if this is related to another pedal? I have a Pal 800 on the way, curious to open it up when it arrives.

Back