Paragon

Sparky_mark

Hi!

So I've just finished my Paragon/Kot pedal, pretty happy with it now. But what do the trim pots do?
It says in the build doc about presence. How do you know if its in the right place or is it just by ear?

Any info would be great, thanks!
Mark

Reactions: fig
Rest your guitar near your amp so that it creates some hum. Then adjust the pot and listen out for where it makes the hum increase the most. Then adjust to your ears taste around that range.

Reactions: fig
Stock setting on a real king of tone is the presence trimmer is all the way down. The pedal is usually on the bright said with many amps. I would start all the way down and if you play a really dark amp/guitar then bump it up.

This ^^

I even bumped the value of the treble trim caps up to 22n when I did a round of mods to it recently and I still have it almost off.

It’s a bright pedal. What sounds best to me is the treble cut caps at a higher value and the trim pot off. I’m playing humbuckers through a darker sounding amp as well and I still have it turned down.

Stock setting on a real king of tone is the presence trimmer is all the way down. The pedal is usually on the bright said with many amps. I would start all the way down and if you play a really dark amp/guitar then bump it up.
This is great, thank you. I was thinking it’s pretty bright so I’ll try that out later.
I use an Orange Micro Dark which can be dark, how I like it set anyway.
I’m planning on making another one with a load of mods that someone made on a pedal builders Facebook group. He made a guild with all the mods he did so it’ll be fun to A/B once I’ve made a second one.

Back
Top Bottom