Parentheses Mini, RAT side super quiet

Fuzz Wizard

Hello, I have been struggling to get my parentheses mini working. A bit of background, when I first plugged the pedal in there was a wiring issue with the rat side causing the signal to cut out when I wasn’t holding the footswitch in a sweet spot. However, when the signal came through, it sounded amazing. But then I went back in and reflowed all the connections to the footswitch, and now the signal on the rat side is so quiet I can barely hear it.

I suspect the problem is with the socketed diodes in D2 and D3. I’m using two 1n34a diodes here. Neither of them are reading any voltage from my multimeter when powered on. I tried swapping to a pair of 1n5817s and had the same problem. I’m assuming that these diodes are the issue, and am thinking about trying to desolder the sockets and just soldering the diodes straight to the board. What do you all suggest?

Attachments

• 16F5C536-7961-4860-8AB7-F93086808DEC.jpeg
    16F5C536-7961-4860-8AB7-F93086808DEC.jpeg
    166.2 KB · Views: 16
The diodes have a coupling cap before them, so you won't have voltages to measure with just power applied.

Hard to tell, but are those diodes touching the bus wire on your switch?

The diodes have a coupling cap before them, so you won't have voltages to measure with just power applied.

Hard to tell, but are those diodes touching the bus wire on your switch?
Ah I see. Is the bus wire the wire going to the audio jack? If so it’s not touching that, it just kind of looks that way in the pic.

The led on the left side seem to have the long leg on the Kathode and the short leg on the Anode.
Unfortunately another result of a bad picture, the legs are positioned correctly.

Back