Particle Accelerator - Alembic F-2B clone

Excuse my language barrier but what do you mean by "from convention"? Why would you want to draw it backwards?
Cheers
Sono
Convention means the way everyone else does it. I drew the symbols in my CAD library years ago, so any mistake I made then has continued since then and I haven't gone through and fixed it.

Convention means the way everyone else does it. I drew the symbols in my CAD library years ago, so any mistake I made then has continued since then and I haven't gone through and fixed it.
Oh I see! :)
Well I kinda know that feeling hahaha. But don't the pots work backwards when drawing the board or is it just at the schem level?
Anyway, thank God I asked hahahaha that just looked weird to me ;)
Cheers
Sono

Oh I see! :)
Well I kinda know that feeling hahaha. But don't the pots work backwards when drawing the board or is it just at the schem level?
Anyway, thank God I asked hahahaha that just looked weird to me ;)
Cheers
Sono
It's just on the schematic level, the boards are designed for everything to work correctly. So you could say the PCB is fine but the schematic and PCB technically don't agree.

Would it be convenient to use a cabinet simulator at the output for this to be used directly on a mixer for live or a soundcard for recording? I guess it would sound kinda weird without a speaker wouldn't it? Or is it conceived only as a preamp?
Cheers
Sono

Would it be convenient to use a cabinet simulator at the output for this to be used directly on a mixer for live or a soundcard for recording? I guess it would sound kinda weird without a speaker wouldn't it? Or is it conceived only as a preamp?
Cheers
Sono
This is conceived only as a preamp, but something like this into a cabsim is a solid easy recording solution.

Sorry for being a bit inquisitive or asking the obvious but I noticed there's a 220k resistor right before the PA Master Out pot. I guess it's there to pad the output from being too hot.
My questions are:
- do I want that resistor if I plug the PA output into an amp or a poweramp?
- do I want that resistor if I plug the PA output into a cabsim like Valwizard's?

I've attached the Valvewizard Cabsim schem just in case.
Thanks a lot for your time and help :)

cabsimschem.jpg

Back