pdf design tayda uv print gurus…

At least the Blueshift I worked on had no gloss layer, so it would make sense that "the gloss layer does not have rdg_gloss" on it, since it doesn't have anything. No need to buy the gloss layer for that one at all.
ahhh ok, fair enough. that makes sense.
yeah i wasn’t sure if i needed it or not, so i went ahead and added a gloss service just in case. whoops

aw geez
1684883996612.png
I've had this come back x3 times now.
So this time I clicked 'start over' and re-submitted everything with gloss service 'turned off'

Oh yeah, I see the issue, there is no gloss layer in the PDF so they don't know what you want to be gloss there.

omg..... :D
1685057760495.png

so, that error message came back x4 times.
it was almost as if the changes (gloss: no) i made to the original applicable UV design weren't doing anything.
so i tried making a 'new' UV template with a new name, with the same pdf, applied the same changes (gloss: no) and it appears to have sorted it out

dispatched thursday night, delivered monday morning. fastest tayda/DHL delivery ever.

View attachment 49463
Finally got around to ordering mine, along with a few other print jobs. I'm glad I found my way back to this thread- it kicked mine back too. Hopefully following what you did will lead to a similarly positive experience!

Can't wait to see photos once yours is all wired up!

Finally got around to ordering mine, along with a few other print jobs. I'm glad I found my way back to this thread- it kicked mine back too. Hopefully following what you did will lead to a similarly positive experience!

haha well, im still yet to confirm if the toggles etc. actually line-up with the printed drilling points 😅 im confident they will, but...

june has been a busy month for me, so haven't really had much time for building, although i managed to finish populating the boards on saturday
79C1CDB7-7AAB-4901-B25F-35016381B8EB.jpeg

CLEAN!

Love it man!
ay thanks, but i can't really take any credit for this one.
@Fama did all the editing to produce the .pdf for the print.
all i did was have a big cry and asked for help with the initial posting of this thread

good news, everything fits perfectly 😎

Attachments

• EDB29347-2E4C-4F30-AA72-3664A16378C4.jpeg
    EDB29347-2E4C-4F30-AA72-3664A16378C4.jpeg
    292.7 KB · Views: 21
  • D2304CD1-9E41-4B7C-AAF6-69F256982B05.jpeg
    D2304CD1-9E41-4B7C-AAF6-69F256982B05.jpeg
    488.2 KB · Views: 21
I built this a while back and designed my own in powerpoint and then used waterslide, which isn't as good as UV... you can see tiny bubbles. But I'm learning how to do the UV design so maybe in the future.
IMG_4140.jpg IMG_4141.jpg IMG_4196.jpg IMG_4198.jpg

Back