Pedalpcb Carcass Fuzz

Manuel Ammon

I have already built a few fuzz pedals, the PedalPCB "Carcass" diy kit aka DOD Carcosa fuzz, is the most flexible. With its 4 pots, it can offer from slightly overdrive-like, to completely heavy gated fuzz thunderstorm tones. Incredible versatile fuzz pedal reproduces almost all fuzz sounds, except octave fuzz.
The original DOD Carcosa labled the pots, before, output, after and hicut, which is a bit confusing. I have therefore labeled them in my version more sensible of their actual function with volume, fuzz, bias and hicut.
Overall, it is a modern tuned fuzz that plays very well with singlecoils as well as humbucker guitars through its hicut poti. Great fuzz that really inspires me and who wants to try a versatile fuzz for little money, should have a look at the original DOD Carcosa, which is a perfect insider tip... 1658595670578.jpg

Attachments

• 1658595696865.jpg
    1658595696865.jpg
    521 KB · Views: 65
  • 1658595722848.jpg
    1658595722848.jpg
    510.1 KB · Views: 69
Manuel - if you like the Carcass Fuzz you will probably like the Dung Beetle. And Fuzz Dog in the UK does a PCB for a very similar fuzz he calls the Pitbull, which somehow is voiced a little better (IMO) than the Dung Beetle. The Pitbull is a favourite of mine.

Manuel - if you like the Carcass Fuzz you will probably like the Dung Beetle. And Fuzz Dog in the UK does a PCB for a very similar fuzz he calls the Pitbull, which somehow is voiced a little better (IMO) than the Dung Beetle. The Pitbull is a favourite of mine.
Thanks, I will have a look on both fuzz pedals...

Back