SOLVED Possible Mahayana board problem

Giorfida

Built the Mahayana yesterday and the first thing I noticed was that it seemed very low gain- like I would have to crank the drive and voice, and even at that was lower gain (but with a lot more output) than the zen in my Helix. So first thing I did was checked all diodes for polarity. Correct. Next them all on a tester, but all were testing good except q2 (one closest to tone pot, it tested bad.
Pulled it and tested it out of circuit and fine.
Next I checked the board pads to make sure they weren’t shorted etc, and found the following:
Q1: -pins 2+3not bussed together
- 2+3 also not tied to r5/Ic1 pin1.
- pin 1 not tied to D2
Q2: - pins 2+3 not bussed,
- pin 2+3 not connected to IC1 pin 2
- pin 1 not connected to d3
essentially, none of the pads to either mosfet were connected, and the only thing I was getting was opamp clipping.

If I messed up soldering, I’d own it, but I think I may have gotten a bad board. Anyone else have issues with this (or any other board I should be aware of)?
Not complaining as I understand manufacturing errors happen, but want to be a heads up if anyone else got one over the past few months to check it ( and also a heads up to the folks at pedalpcb to check stock

Sorry second half didn’t post.
I’m marking it as solved now as after manually making corrections to bring the mosfets in the circuit, it’s working exactly as expected

Last edited:
Back