Potentiometer mod option

dlazzarini

I've seen a few inquiries on her recently asking what to do if you don't have a pcb mount pot. what I've done is straighten out the eyelets and snip off 2/3 of the ends. Then I sacrificed the pcb pins off another extra pot i had and soldered them to the undersides of the eyelets. With one of those helping hands gadgets it wasn't too hard at all. Just another option.

Attachments

• IMG_5307.jpg
    IMG_5307.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 21
I've seen a few inquiries on her recently asking what to do if you don't have a pcb mount pot. what I've done is straighten out the eyelets and snip off 2/3 of the ends. Then I sacrificed the pcb pins off another extra pot i had and soldered them to the undersides of the eyelets. With one of those helping hands gadgets it wasn't too hard at all. Just another option.

Yep. Another option is to solder a lead onto each eyelet and then the other ends to the board (the old-fashioned way). You won't be able to mount it to the PCB like the others, but that's not an issue. I always do this when I change up 'the suggested' knob configuration.

Back