PPCB Dr Robert (Pharmicist), Aion Distortron/BoR and Expandora.

Zanshin

First up the Pharmicist. I don’t love it, I don’t hate it either. I also built (but never boxed) the Mockler and Woman Tone. I feel the same about those too. I guess I should skip building any more Aclam stuff.

IMG_4051.jpeg
IMG_4052.jpeg

Next are the last “normie” pedals for a moment. I have a pile of DeadEnd Lastgasp Arts and Parasit PCBs on the way.

IMG_4073.jpeg
IMG_4074.jpeg

I added clipping options to the Expandora - stock, LEDs, and off. I think the Expandora with LEDs (way more headroom) might be my favorite medium drive. The LED mode also sounds great on bass, so much that I’m considering another for for my dedicated bass board.

I built the BoR/Distortron so I could have the Super Duper I built on my bass board. It does not disappoint :)

Last edited:
What’s the paint pen for? And I thought you couldn’t do white print on the film free decal?

Black toner and white paint pen (sometimes red, yellow, etc). I mostly use white to make things pop better on the raw enclosures. I’ve not had good luck doing large areas with the paint pens, it comes out blotchy for me, so I just do a bit.

For example on the Dr Robert there’s white paint pen on the labels that say ‘Vox’, ‘UL730’, and the ? ! by the stomps.

Black toner and white paint pen (sometimes red, yellow, etc). I mostly use white to make things pop better on the raw enclosures. I’ve not had good luck doing large areas with the paint pens, it comes out blotchy for me, so just do a bit.

For example on the Dr Robert there’s white paint pen on the labels that say ‘Vox’, ‘UL730’, and the ? ! by the stomps.
Ah gotcha. That makes sense. Do you clear coat the graphics afterwards?

No I want to try clear coat sometime but what I do is 10 mins at 235F, cool, remove decal plastic, then a very thin coat of the magic glue that comes with the decal paper, and back in the oven for 1-2 hours. It seems be really durable.

Back