PPCB Parthenon

Locrian99

Build Rating
4.00 star(s)
been waiting for awhile to build this one. I don’t even remember what put this on my radar months ago but something did and I’ve been waiting to put it together.

It really is just another blues breaker type thing, with some more tone shaping, gain and clipping options.

Build went together easily without any issues. I tried some of the red band diodes from small bear for the hard clippers, as well as some. 34a’s and 276’s. I ended up going with the 4148’s in the end.

If you are wanting a good blues breaker type circuit to use at the low gain classic blues breaker type sound. Build a glory hole and skip this one. To my ears on the low gain setting the glory hole is better. Also because this doesn’t have the Jfet output buffer thing on the lower gain settings volume is a bit of an issue. I think I was hitting unity at about 2 o’clock with the gain dialed way back and on the lowest gain setting on the switch. Just not much volume and I felt like the glory hole along with the volume sounded fuller, it might have been in my head but that was what I perceived. For me the higher gain settings is where this pedal shined. If you are looking for a bb type to use as a low gain overdrive I’d find another option. Glory hole as previously mentioned easily better IMO for that.

Got my decal wrong voice and gain switch. Oops. And was irritated enough with my recent paint struggles I just didn’t have the desire to fix it, or do much for graphics. Surprised I didn’t just do dymo labels to be honest lol. CBD79E56-728B-4D32-8DCE-B0D20BD8B321.jpeg 3F54B399-6D87-4DB7-A5DB-83A82DD25815.jpeg

Back