PPCB Promethium

Laundryroom David

Keyboard Cowboy 🤠
Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
edit: oh I get it now. I really, really like this. Playing an SG loud thru this and it f’n rips.

———

Build per BOM except I substituted BAT46 diodes for the 1n34a’s that are listed.

No issues with the build - typically smooth project from @Robert. I am wondering if I’ve messed up something because the distortion is very distortion-y, but it is not … chainsaw ?distortion-y. I’m actually loving the sounds I’m getting out of it - useful eq, robust toans.

Anyway, I used my last SBP group buy enclosure. LMS b-stock knobs for now. Painfully bright waterclear pink LED because I like pain.

IMG_6764.jpeg IMG_6765.jpeg

Last edited:
🤔

Build per BOM except I substituted BAT46 diodes for the 1n34a’s that are listed.

No issues with the build - typically smooth project from @Robert. I am wondering if I’ve messed up something because the distortion is very distortion-y, but it is not … chainsaw ?distortion-y. I’m actually loving the sounds I’m getting out of it - useful eq, robust toans.

Anyway, I used my last SBP group buy enclosure. LMS b-stock knobs for now. Painfully bright waterclear pink LED because I like pain.

View attachment 54430View attachment 54431
Very nice build! Two questions, if you don’t mind?

1. Where did you get that LED bezel? I really like it.
2. Since you are using the 3PDT breakout board, why did you run the input and output jacks to the lugs on the 3PDT rather than to the solder pads for those jacks in the top row of the breakout board (Those two pads that are still open in your picture)? Is there some advantage or something odd about this specific build that required going straight to the lugs?

Mike

Very nice build! Two questions, if you don’t mind?

1. Where did you get that LED bezel? I really like it.
2. Since you are using the 3PDT breakout board, why did you run the input and output jacks to the lugs on the 3PDT rather than to the solder pads for those jacks in the top row of the breakout board (Those two pads that are still open in your picture)? Is there some advantage or something odd about this specific build that required going straight to the lugs?

Mike
Good questions.

1. I think Tayda. It’s a plastic bezel but it looks pretty ok for plastic.

2. Because I got interrupted and then soldered the breakout board/3pdt to the main pcb before I soldered the tip wires to the breakout board. I just couldn’t face the fix, so I soldered to the lugs.

Last edited:
Back