Prince Albert Overdrive: difference with RAH

mimosa

Anyone built this one or was able to compare with the RAH? I noticed an additional cap at the input (270pF to ground, and 100nF inline instead of a 3.3nF inline and no cap to gnd), and a different cap in the tone stack (4.7nF instead of 47nF). It seems the Prince ALbert is more a copy of the WIIO/HIWATT preamp than the RAH (ref: http://revolutiondeux.blogspot.com/2012/05/catalinbread-wiio-rah.html). But not sure if there was a difference in sound.

Attachments

• PrinceAlbert_caps.png
    PrinceAlbert_caps.png
    346 KB · Views: 33
I'll take a look at this in the morning.

This is an older layout that was drawn from one of the schematics passed around on the net. It could be that some component values need to be revisited with a more recent schematic.

I'll take a look at this in the morning.

This is an older layout that was drawn from one of the schematics passed around on the net. It could be that some component values need to be revisited with a more recent schematic.
Hi Robert, i compared the Prince Albert with the Aion Apollo Mk2 and the Guitarpcb Black Dog and there seems to be a difference in the input section. Also the Treble pot value seems different to the others. The original Hiwatt amps Tone Stack like in a DR103 shows a 220k lin pot for Treble, all other parts identical.

I'm fairly certain the Treble pot is B250K. I bought the correct replacement pot a while back as it went bad in mine. When I open it up to replace it I can confirm. I'll note all the pot values as well.

Back