PWT Drive, (Shrapnel OD)

KindCanuck

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
This is based on the Shrapnel overdrive by PedalPCB, a clone of the ThorpyFX Gunshot. I was interested because I found I love my compressor which is a clone of Thorpy’s General comp. Once I put it together I loved the sound, but didn’t know how to do it justice with an enclosure. So I put it on a shelf for a couple months and let it percolate in my brain.

I had the idea to make the artwork a target, and the Figure 11 being the most common target I’ve ever shot at, it had to be it! I found a decent resolution image, and converted it to black and white, with the white parts transparent so if I printed it on waterslide, I could use a cream enclosure to match the original.

I chose the silver switch because it’s more robust than the Tayda black ones I usually use. The orange LED is representative of the orange grouping indicators and I placed it at centre of mass, rather than the drill template spot.
Build was super straight forward, no surprises except when I went to test it live on insta, I didn’t get any bypass signal 😂

Sounds great, the calibre control seems to adjust the bias of the bs170 going from light drive to hairy almost-fuzz. Love it! D38CECFC-5EF9-407D-9D7A-B346F175E699.jpeg IMG_2447.jpeg IMG_2449.jpeg IMG_2450.jpeg IMG_2451.jpeg

Back