Pyrocumulus Fuzz Schematic

Flying

Hello,

I'm trying to decide on which fuzz to build next, I'm interested in the pyrocumulus fuzz but would like to see a schematic in case it's similar to one I've already built, but the schematic is missing from the build doc.

Any help would be great.

It's a big muff with a bass control. You won't find a schematic online but there are loads of big muff schematics online.

Hello,

I'm trying to decide on which fuzz to build next, I'm interested in the pyrocumulus fuzz but would like to see a schematic in case it's similar to one I've already built, but the schematic is missing from the build doc.

Any help would be great.
If you're looking for a good fuzz, check out the Aldrin (Skreddy Lunar Module). I built mine as Skreddy Screwdriver. Same schematic, except it uses a MOSFET for Q1 and a Germanium for Q3. A few Rs & Cs are slightly different. Schematics are not hard to find. It is a fantastic distortion/overdrive/fuzz pedal. Can even do plain old treble boost with the Pregain & Fuzz controls dialed down.

Thanks Chuck, this one is totally new to me, but has already made it to the list, having had a listen to a demo.

I built a Big Muff pedal many years ago, but have never really connected with it, recently I decided to bread board a Fuzz Face out of curiosity and discovered it was a fuzz i enjoyed playing... but that, inevitably, has put me on the a path of discovery into other fuzz pedals.

You came to the right place for dirt pedals. Try feeding your BM with treble booster or EQ pedal so you can reign-in the bass, you might like it better.

Hello,

Any help would be great.
I too would like to see the schematic. Does PedalPCB plan on including it in the build docs any time soon?

If you're looking for a good fuzz, check out the Aldrin (Skreddy Lunar Module). I built mine as Skreddy Screwdriver. Same schematic, except it uses a MOSFET for Q1 and a Germanium for Q3. A few Rs & Cs are slightly different. Schematics are not hard to find. It is a fantastic distortion/overdrive/fuzz pedal. Can even do plain old treble boost with the Pregain & Fuzz controls dialed down.
Any chance you could help me out with making one?¿ I’m not very good with schematics...

I am troubleshooting a Pyrocumulus build for a friend, as the EQ sections are not working. Since there is no schematic in the Build Documents, I have a few questions:
How was the circuit board etched without a schematic?
How does one troubleshoot problems without a schematic to follow the signal?
thanks...

One thing to check...in the baxandall tonestack there is usually a resistor coming from lug 2 of the bass pot to lug 2 of the treble pot...if this resistor is not installed correctly or is way off value you’d definitely have a neutered tone section. Follow the traces on the PCB carefully.

D13F0774-45EF-4E53-BC15-DDC375DAE8A1.jpeg
Picture is from the fuzzdog BMP with Bax tonestack here http://pedalparts.co.uk/docs/BaxMuff.pdf, I’m sure the fallout cloud isn’t too far off.

That is a James tone control; similar to, but not the same as a Baxandall. Baxandall tone controls are in a feedback loop and (usually) have symmetric component values. The EQD Talons (Chela) has a 3-band Baxandall EQ.

Thanks for the replies gentlemen. I will continue to 'poke around' the tone control components. Enjoy your Holiday.
Fixed it. When my friend built the board, he installed spring sockets for the LED resistor so he could change values until he got the intensity that he wanted without re-soldering resistors. That resistor was missing from the board when he gave it to me to troubleshoot. I remember him saying that it was for the LED, so I didn't give it a second thought. I'm not sure how he decided that resistor was for the LED, but it wasn't. It was in the tone control section...causing the tone controls to not work. I plugged in the right value and we now have a fully working Pyrocumulus.

Thanks again for the suggestions and help

Back