Pythagoras problem

Markk

So this is an odd problem I am having. When I use the threeverb eeprom in this circuit, everything sounds fine. When I use the daydream eeprom, I get this strange glitchy sound that doesn't go away. It sounds like its messed up, something isn't right. Almost like a grounding issue sound mayne, idk. I really want this pedal to work right 😔. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
20210503_011444 (wecompress.com).jpg

Attachments

• 20210503_011454 (wecompress.com).jpg
    20210503_011454 (wecompress.com).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
Only asking because I'm trouble shooting one of these as I did something stupid. Is your L78L33 in backwards. The BOM has the flat side towards the EEPROM. The photo looks like you may have it flipped. No idea if that would cause your problem or not.
pythagoras.png

Only asking because I'm trouble shooting one of these as I did something stupid. Is your L78L33 in backwards. The BOM has the flat side towards the EEPROM. The photo looks like you may have it flipped. No idea if that would cause your problem or not.
View attachment 11592
Man yes it is flipped!! You are a scholar and a gentleman, a PILLAR of your community, a man amongst men, a FORCE to be recond with!! I will flip it and let yall know if that works. THANK YOU!!!

Man yes it is flipped!! You are a scholar and a gentleman, a PILLAR of your community, a man amongst men, a FORCE to be recond with!! I will flip it and let yall know if that works. THANK YOU!!!
I'm going to have to share that with my wife. I doubt she will be in agreement 🤣

If that works out and you get it working, could I ask for a favor? Could you please take a voltage reading at Pin 1 & 3 of the L78L33. I'm trying to figure out if I fried my FV-1 or not (long story), but the first step is trying to figure out why my readings on the L78L33 are way off from what I'm expecting. I'd love to get a reading from a working board if possible.

pythagoras_volts.jpg

Hope that solves your issue!

I'm going to have to share that with my wife. I doubt she will be in agreement 🤣

If that works out and you get it working, could I ask for a favor? Could you please take a voltage reading at Pin 1 & 3 of the L78L33. I'm trying to figure out if I fried my FV-1 or not (long story), but the first step is trying to figure out why my readings on the L78L33 are way off from what I'm expecting. I'd love to get a reading from a working board if possible.

View attachment 11647

Hope that solves your issue!
Yes it's fixed now thank you and yes I'll take some readings shortly.

Back