Q Tron Plus diagnostic help

txkguitar

Hey there. I have an old q tron plus that isn't filtering the way it should. Im using the EHX adaptor, and all IC voltages are reading fine (18/9v). There aren't any shorted diodes since the power supply section seems to be reading normally, theres a healthy 9v reading throughout the circuit. I've tried several guitars, humbuckers ect and it sounds like the filter is blended with a dry signal or something, very unpronounced. I got the pedal with the drive switch broken- the black slider tab is missing. I tried patching the fx loop, no success. Where should I start looking? Any help is appreciated!

These use vactrols right? I'd check if you are getting a changing voltage on the LED side and changing resistance on the LDR side just as a guess.

The variable resitor at r26 was broken off, but I don't think that should be the cause of the not so wah effect. I jumpered it to make sure. The vactrol is only moving a few mV, ten at most on one of the pins close to the pot. The two pins read 17 and 15 ish, and the three pins are steady at 9v. Not getting a resistance reading to ground, but I'm also not entirely sure how to measure resistance on a vactrol. Just getting OL on the multi meter no matter which way I cut it. Thanks for any help!
unnamed.jpeg

Back