Question on how to wire a common anode LED

I am likely to build something similar - a summing buss for 4 pedals with a master bypass - and intend to use Tayda's red/green self-indicating switches. Your post inspired this.

THAT said . . . .

Is your DC power source isolated from the enclosure or do they share your box's ground?
So it’s not separated the ground from the DC jack is what is used to ground all the jacks and the enclosure. I thought about grounding the input jack only and using all insulated jacks but I ended up doing it the exact way that that webpage I pasted did.

I did come across a scheme for wiring the 3PDT so that the led leads don’t touch the signal wires. I’ll find it and post it

Like I said earlier it’s definitely something to do with the bicolor leds because the one loop with a normal led passes signal through the loop quietly and flawlessly.

I did come across a scheme for wiring the 3PDT so that the led leads don’t touch the signal wires. I’ll find it and post it

I am using a DC jack that is plastic and isolated - so far so good. I hope you can find that schematic that cane to mind - and thx for hunting it down!

This is it. It’s for a common cathode led tho so the difference will be that the anode leads wil go on the ends and instead of 9v in the middle you will bring the power ground there. This is a more efficient use of the lugs to still ground the circuit input during bypass. Wish I noticed this before wiring all mine up

Attachments

• E2B995C9-0CE5-41BA-A945-7CB0BAB20B04.png
    E2B995C9-0CE5-41BA-A945-7CB0BAB20B04.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
Back