Reactor - strong oscillation

fontoponto

Hi everyone,
I wanted to ask the collective intelligence in here to help me with a pedal.
On FSB there is a new Baja Reactor V5 which I put in a combo pedal consisting of Reactor, Unicab and a Headphone amp.

The reactor is causing oscillation. There are multiple ideas on how to solve it but they were for v4 wchich is different and not all could be tested by me.
1728469047831.png

The only audible difference is when I put a cap on the 100k between the depth and pressence control.
Depth on min and presence on min on power on makes makes the pedal oscillate. When I turn up presence slightly the oscillation stops but when I reach position around 2 it starts again high pitched, goes away by turning further and starts at noon as deeper oscillation.
Can you guys point me into the right direction?
There is no audible change when I inrease the 4n7 on depth and the 100n on presence.

I removed all ics from the unicab and the headphone amp and only used the in and out of the reactor and it is the same behaviour. I thought that maybe one of the other effects have an impact on the reactor.

It's too early for me to read that op-amp-centipede...
I'm gonna guess 1 of 3
-cut in stripboard isn't wire/clean enough under an opamp
-wrong resistor value(s)
-general coupling from wiring, input or the stripboard. 6 gain stages zigzagging back and forth...
Bonus answer, bad layout/design.
But you know the drill, post some photos.

Ok I forgot to add some files.
It's not on strip board it's a pcb. Dumb as I am I use new circuits and put them in projects...
The difference to the original version is that I hooked it to one supply with two other effects and added a 100n to each IC.
My schematic is attached and this is the pcb.
The highlighted area is the reactor

1728478410194.png

Attachments

Last edited:
A picture but you cant really see something
IMG_8515.jpeg
The parts all have the correct value.
It is working except for the oscillation.
The traces are ok.
Some caps melted while I replaced some parts.
LEDs missing.
Maybe the layout in general is the problem.

Last edited:
Back