Red Herring mod help

Travis

Hi everyone!

I wanna get a better range on the volume knob, it´s have a lot of volume and I want to have a better response of the knob.. I cant use it more of the 25% of the range.

Also I have the same problem with tone cut, it´s huge at lower settings.

Thanks all guys!

I hadn't noticed this issue with the volume, but then I almost always use a log-taper for volume, even if the the build doc uses otherwise, so I assume I did the same here.

So maybe just using a A250k instead of b250k I solve the problem?

Thanks again.

For the cut control what do you recommend to try?

I don't know about the cut... my suspicion from looking at the tone section is that you could experiment with different values of C4. But hopefully somebody chimes in with more experience.

QUOTE="Travis, post: 191416, member: 621"]
Ok, i will try c4
[/QUOTE]
If you socket C4 you can experiment with different values, above and below 10nF. Bear in mind that the 1nF is always in the loop and factor this into your calculations.

There are numerous RC filter calculators on the web to determine the frequency range you’re after. The range is significant because the resistance is variable (from 0 to 25 000 ohms, as in the schematic).

An example here: https://www.digikey.com/en/resource...sion-calculator-low-pass-and-high-pass-filter.

Last edited:
Back