Sandspur bias question BC108

rootsrockray

Greetings, Im hoping someone can give me some advice on my sandspur build!

Im using Tayda bc108's and dont know the ratings of them, nor do i have a transistor tester.

Ive finished up the build, and working to bias the bc108 transistors. Im able to get collector Q2 to the suggested ~-4.5 suggested with the trim pot, but Q1 collector is at -1.3v, or roughly double the recommended -0.7

I did socket the 33k resistor, and am playing with different values, but not seeing much change in the Q1 voltage, even up to 500k, which seems like a lot higher than spec.... should I just go higher with R2 or should I be looking for a different transistor set?

Greetings, Im hoping someone can give me some advice on my sandspur build!

Im using Tayda bc108's and dont know the ratings of them, nor do i have a transistor tester.

Ive finished up the build, and working to bias the bc108 transistors. Im able to get collector Q2 to the suggested ~-4.5 suggested with the trim pot, but Q1 collector is at -1.3v, or roughly double the recommended -0.7

I did socket the 33k resistor, and am playing with different values, but not seeing much change in the Q1 voltage, even up to 500k, which seems like a lot higher than spec.... should I just go higher with R2 or should I be looking for a different transistor set?

Leave it. 1.35 vDC is always my target for Q1 in a silicon Fuzz Face.

Back