Sea Bed delay

DailyDovetails

Build Rating
3.00 star(s)
This is a Sea Bed delay I built a few weeks ago. Life has been busy and I’m just getting to posting it now. This is the first pedal I have done that I had a hard time getting to work. I kept testing it with a 9V and then boxing it and plugging in into my power supply to have it not work. I reflowed everything several times and checked all the components. I ended up lifting a portion on the board while doing this but luckily it was just a ground.

I did some research and found that the PT2399 was going into some type of lockout mode with the actual 9V from the power supply but not with the 8.7v of the battery. I found that jumping pin 3-4 got it to work on the power supply so I boxed it up and haven’t had an issue since.

This delay sounds great. I like running it clean with the repeats up high. I have also been experimenting with it turned down a bit between an SD-1 and a hizumitas for kind of wall of noise/textured sound. I’m fairly happy with the 3d printing but would have printed the top in 2 layers if I did it again. Really happy with the spiraled knobs on this one.

I added a couple pics of the printing if anyone is interested in seeing what that looks like.

Attachments

• IMG_5957.jpeg
    IMG_5957.jpeg
    400.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_5958.jpeg
    IMG_5958.jpeg
    548.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5906.jpeg
    IMG_5906.jpeg
    477.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5909.jpeg
    IMG_5909.jpeg
    483.7 KB · Views: 35
Very cool. It's wild what can be done on a 3D printer. Nice job! And it's good to know that tip for the 2399 chip. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: fig
Back