Second Sea chorus

Guardians of the analog

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
1000010902.jpg
On this week's edition of my Boss Pedals journey I take a trip down memory lane and revisit my old friend the CE-2. About 25 years ago (now I feel old AF) I got my first legit CE-2. A beat up used mid 80s find in a mom and pop store (Joe's Music) that was cheap as these were plentiful and often discarded to newer toys. Like many treasures of the past I succumbed to temptation and sold it to fund an amp. Over the years I've built a many chorus pedals and a handful of them were CE-2s. The last one being a Cesar chorus which I ultimately set to sound like a stock CE-2.
So, I set out to build a bone stock clone, and this will be my last one. A simple and clean build, I'm really pleased with how it turned out. How does it sound? Like a CE-2 😂. The circuit has been synonymous with chorus and the 80s guitar sound. It's a middle of the road chorus that never gets extreme. Compared to it's contemporary the Small Clone, it doesn't get that deep wobbly out of tune sound with exaggerated speeds. Unlike EHX, Boss pedals usually color inside the lines.
For the enclosure I used a matte light blue tayda enclosure with UV printing. Standard Boss style knobs. for the artwork I used the new and lesser known character Wave, who is also one of the first Filipino heros. Simple all black design because I like to go minimal or all out, no in-between. If you want a chorus but don't want crazy or know where to start then build a CE-2, you can't go wrong.
hFf1e0J.jpg
FeR4Myg.jpg
OrtDfLk.jpeg

Last edited:
Back