[Sheepylove] Dall v2 - Celestial Engineering Average White Fuzz

szukalski

It's been a while since I've done a build report, I've been doing a lot of building but not a lot of boxing.
A big part of that is because I've been working on a few things, moving from DipTrace to KiCad, and playing with ideas for different faceplate designs.
I think I have got to a happy place with the current "template", and put it together for the Average White Fuzz by Dave.
I already had the v1 of his Arctic White Fuzz derivative, but the tone control is a bit lacking, needless to say the v2 is a damn gorgeous pedal. The Attack and Tone are really useful and it easily bumps onto the board as the FF of choice.

The guts are nothing special, I'm no cable master. I made a mistake with the PCB and had the Fuzz pot reversed, so there's some hackery under the board. I want to need to work on a better version of the IO board to make wiring easier.

1711659648376.png

The front is the usual faceplate template, but I put the Sheepylove logo backlit with LED. I am happy how it turned out, though it's not perfect. The logo is a little large and doesn't get lit up completely. Behind it is a 10mm LED, and a 12mm hole. I am keen to try a better illumination method, so I am looking for a 10mm flat top LED but can't find any in my searches.

1711659886026.png
1711659902430.png

It's been a while since I've done a build report, I've been doing a lot of building but not a lot of boxing.
A big part of that is because I've been working on a few things, moving from DipTrace to KiCad, and playing with ideas for different faceplate designs.
I think I have got to a happy place with the current "template", and put it together for the Average White Fuzz by Dave.
I already had the v1 of his Arctic White Fuzz derivative, but the tone control is a bit lacking, needless to say the v2 is a damn gorgeous pedal. The Attack and Tone are really useful and it easily bumps onto the board as the FF of choice.

The guts are nothing special, I'm no cable master. I made a mistake with the PCB and had the Fuzz pot reversed, so there's some hackery under the board. I want to need to work on a better version of the IO board to make wiring easier.

View attachment 71775

The front is the usual faceplate template, but I put the Sheepylove logo backlit with LED. I am happy how it turned out, though it's not perfect. The logo is a little large and doesn't get lit up completely. Behind it is a 10mm LED, and a 12mm hole. I am keen to try a better illumination method, so I am looking for a 10mm flat top LED but can't find any in my searches.

View attachment 71776
View attachment 71777
That is a beautiful faceplate! I’m a huge fan of the backlit logo! Nicely done sir!

Thanks, I’ll do a write up and provide a template for doing the backlit logo.
I still have some experimentation to refine it, no fun if it’s a laborious process each time.
Pretty simple at the core though, removing the solder mask on each layer. I think the bigger trick is how to actually light up the thing!

Thanks, I will scratch up one of the 10mm LEDs I have. I already set it as far back as possible.

I made the back mask the reverse logo, but I think it'd be better to have open substrate. Something to try on the next round!

I think I only have diffuse 3mm, but I can give them a try. Now you mentioned it, definitely makes more sense than having a bright spot in the center!

Back