Sheepylove Texel

geoffrey

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Ok, so @Laundryroom David beat me to it with his excellent report on the Texel. I say his report is excellent because he's spot on and I don't have much to add. Thus, some may find this build report superfluous. That being said, I wanted to second his high praise of this pedal, as it is well deserved.

The fact that this came to fruition via our resident geniuses @Chuck D. Bones and @szukalski should be convincing enough. And although the Chop Shop didn't quite do it for me personally, the fact that the Texel kicked this off @Laundryroom David's board says a lot.

Yes, indeed it's a boost/drive/make everything sound good pedal. I like to describe this "make everything sound good" idea as "tone conditioning" (a term I stole from @MichaelW). This could indeed be an "always on" pedal for many, and I would put its tone conditioning ability up there with the Clandestine preamp (my "always on" pedal). This isn't going to kick the Clandestine off my board, though. Why? because they sound f****** unbelievable together. As @Laundryroom David said, it stacks like a dream. And it'll push any amp you've got in the best way possible. The toggle is fantastic as well. I'm a treble kind of guy, so the flipping the switch up makes me happy. Flip the switch down to "Lamb Fries" and you've got instant meaty girth, which also makes me happy. And if that's not enough for you, it'll run as clean as any "clean boost" out there (IMO).

I've been holding on to this turqoise enclosure (a limited run from Love My Switches from awhile back) for the right pedal and I think it looks great with the faceplate. And as I learned when I built my Speedy Sheep, you can't go wrong with black knobs on a Sheepylove faceplate.

This pedal will probably never leave my board. That (along with the Speedy Sheep) now makes two Sheepylove pedals that may end up being permanent fixtures in that regard. How about that? Kudos to @szukalski and @Chuck D. Bones. It's a privilege to have access to this circuit and be a part of this community. If you can get your hands on one of these, do not hesitate.

IMG_9338.jpg

IMG_9341.jpg

Another great build and write-up!

I have another one in the works which I'm really enjoying, a mid-high gain pedal based around the Vemuram Karen. That may have to wait a month or two though whilst I get work under control.

Back