Sherwood Drive Mockup Pedal (Revised) - Available Now!

music6000

Sherwood Overdrive Mockup Pedal.jpg

TRIVIA: As a kid growing up in Australia in the 60's, we got a lot of British shows & one of my favorites was The Adventures of Robin Hood.
When I spotted this Pedal that has been updated, this theme came to mind as it was Sherwood Forest where Robin & his Gang would hang out when they were not helping the poor peasants survive from the rotten Sherrif of Nottingham!

What's the update? I must've missed it in the forum.

I've got the original Sherwood, and during the BF picked up the update as well for good measure.

What's the update? I must've missed it in the forum.

I've got the original Sherwood, and during the BF picked up the update as well for good measure.
I'm curious as well. I didn't see anything in the forum about it. I wonder if it's just a layout update?

It wasn't as open and shut as I had hoped, I got a completely new revision of the Westwood that definitely had a few changes compared to the older version. The first one was through-hole, the new one was SMD.

The treble pot is connected how we suspected it should be, but I can't say that the V1 Sherwood was incorrect because there were few other changes that I can confirm are different from the earlier version of the Westwood.

Some of the component values in the gyrators are different (although their structure is the same), and I know those were correct in the V1 because I still have photos of the components from that version.

So basically, this didn't definitively tell us that the Sherwood V1 was incorrect or correct, but I can without a doubt say that the V2 is now correct.

The treble pot is connected how we suspected it should be, but I can't say that the V1 Sherwood was incorrect because there were few other changes that I can confirm are different from the earlier version of the Westwood.
Honestly, it wouldn't be the first time EQD fucked something up on their production line. The first run of Erupters allegedly had the pickup simulator wired in a way where it wouldn't really act as pickup simulator, so what you got was a buffered Fuzz Face.
The Monarch, when looking over Chuck's thread about it, is a miracle that it worked at all.
And I'm almost sure these 2 aren't isolated cases.

Back