SOLVED Simulcast with no clipping?

Morning,
I just finished the "new revision" of the Simulcast.
The pedal functions, but there seems to be absolutely no clipping whatsoever. I have successfully built 3 of the Duocasters (they sound great!), and was hoping to save some real estate on my board by switching to a Simulcast.
When the pedal is engaged, I get a huge boost in dB, but I can't get any clipping or breakup in the tone. I tried first with a TG5S (knockoff OC-71) which is what I used in the three Duocast builds. No audible clipping. I switched to 2n3906 (PNP Si) and all I got was a nasty low fizz when I turn up the gain. Tried a MN42b (another PNP transistor I found on eBay - about 88 hFe) and it had the same effect as the TG5S - no audible clipping. After reading through forum posts on the AP mod, I tried an NPN (2N3904) - and it was complete fizz with no guitar signal heard.
I would like to use this pedal as a lead tone - and hope it's more than just an expensive built boost pedal. My mistake is causing this pedal to have little to no clipping.
Thanks for any help you can offer.
IMG_7579.JPG

Last edited:
Hi just wondering how you solved this issue. I’m getting similar behavior!
weirdly the pedal is really loud and fuzzy when I first plug it in then it drops after a few seconds

Back