SOLVED SMD J201s: Help Me Not F@$k This Up…

Caldo71

So I’m making the Golden Falk, and I unexpectedly ran out of traditional J201s as I was getting started. BUT I happened to have a bunch of the @PedalPCB SMD ones that I haven’t tried yet…okay!

So, can you guys take a look at the placement of the J201 on the right in the photo below (I have NOT soldered this onto the headers yet) and let me know if I have the orientation right?

It seems like the right move as it would cover the surface area in the same way, but dude I would HATE to get that wrong and have to desolder/resolder all five!

image.jpg

The smd j201s only fit one way on the board, which is handy for dudes like me … which I am.

Now watcha doin’ with the headers
So I’m making the Golden Falk, and I unexpectedly ran out of traditional J201s as I was getting started. BUT I happened to have a bunch of the @PedalPCB SMD ones that I haven’t tried yet…okay!

So, can you guys take a look at the placement of the J201 on the right in the photo below (I have NOT soldered this onto the headers yet) and let me know if I have the orientation right?

It seems like the right move as it would cover the surface area in the same way, but dude I would HATE to get that wrong and have to desolder/resolder all five!

View attachment 49419
i’m an idiot. I didn’t realize you were using a breakout board! It looks so much like the actual effect pcb! 😂. Looks good to me. Tho you may not want to trust my observational powers lol

Back