Space is Fun Reverb (Moonn)

Fuzzonaut

It's a clone of the DBA Reverberation Machine, says the build doc.

My guitar player had a 1:1 clone of the DBA pedal on his board for a quite a while. He got that years ago, through evilbay ....
One day, I made one of those Moonn things for me, with added Feedback and Dry Kill mods ... and after comparing the two, my guitar player never stopped bugging me to build him one of the Moonn ones too.

Well, here it is, he made the graphics, decided on the name, also his choice of knobs without labels, and he wanted the Feedback always on and the dry kill on a footswitch.

He's very happy with it.

darkg.jpeg

dark.jpeg

I have this board as well and am looking forward to building it! Nils over at Moonn doesn't provide drill templates, so how'd you go about drilling yours?

Of course. Shows you how smart I am :rolleyes:
:ROFLMAO: I have the habit of incorporating the drill points into my graphics and actually always measure things on the PCB itself to do that, drill template provided or not.
I could send you just the drill points - aka drill template - for his one, if you want.

:ROFLMAO: I have the habit of incorporating the drill points into my graphics and actually always measure things on the PCB itself to do that, drill template provided or not.
I could send you just the drill points - aka drill template - for his one, if you want.
That'd be super rad. I'll message you

Hi all! I've built mine with dry/kill toggleswitch and feedback engaged by footswitch. The reverb sounds great but I have some problem with the gain: the pot is super noisy when I touch it and gain it's unusable soon after 9 c'clock (whistles, feedback, blablabla).
Maybe you guys have an idea of what I did wrong? Can you help me? Many thanks in advance.
I suggest that you make a thread in the troubleshooting section, with pictures of your board. Chances that people will help are much better over there.

Does anyone know how the space is fun compares to the PCB Guitar Mania version?

I built the latter and it’s really disappointing. Seems like a waste of the belton brick.

Is it worth building the moon one to rescue my brick?

The moonn one at least definitely works. I personally didn't love the build as it really darkens the dry signal though, but according to people who own the original that's not moonn's fault, just Death by Audio being hacks when it comes to circuit design.
The PCBGM one works too, it just sounds like wet shit. I was wondering if this was because DBA designed it this way or that PCBGM had screwed up their version.

Comparing the moon/Pcbgm schematics there seems to be only minor changes: moon have more mods, no pull-down resistor and one resistor is 4k7 whereas the equivalent (r20) is 10k on the Pcbgm version

Good to know you don’t like the moon version either. I might look for another project to use the brick in.

It's not Moonn's fault, it's not even DBA's fault (even if the circuit-designers are hacks), but it might be PCBGM's fault, based on track record.

The fault can only be found with the buyer/builder.
You don't buy any DBA pedal to have the "Norm", nor does one build a clone of any DBA offings if what is desired is a safe-circuit-bet.

Caveat Emptor

My Space Is Fun board was part of a Moonn mystery pack, but I would've chosen to get it at some point anyway.
I hope my build of this looks somewhere close as good as your builds, Fuzzonaut!

Back