Spin FV-1 NOOB Question

Thommo

I’ve just ordered a Hydra Delay board, which I’d been hanging out to grab! Just about to try and source a Spin FV-1 chip.
My question is, does the FV-1 need anything done to it to work in the circuit? Or, is it just plug-and-play? Solder it in and it does what it does!?!

Cheers,
Thommo.

I'm an FV-1 noob too getting ready to build my first FV-1 based pedal. (Spatialist Reverb).
Here's a link I found and was reading up on how it all works. Basically the FV-1 comes pre-programmed with default modulation sounds. PedalPCB provides an eeprom (24LC32A) ic that is programmed with the Hydra delay parameters that overrides and/or modulates the existing default algorithms in the FV-1. (In my case, the Spatialist Reverb sounds). So from that perspective, all you need to do is solder the FV-1 in it's place and nothing else needs to be done to it as the provided Hydra eeprom does the rest.

Good info above. The arachnid and Pythagorus platforms from pedalpcb are a more straightforward implementation if you want to see how the fv-1 works. Several projects here are build on those two pcbs, with the only difference being the programs on the eeprom (for example, spatialist and octagon are both built on the arachnid pcb).

One detail is that pin 13 (hi or lo) on the fv-1 decides whether the fv-1 uses the internal preprogrammed patches, or the eeprom. So, you can install a switch to go between.

But, to your question, nothing special you need to do.

Awesome guys! Thanks for clearing that one up for me👍
StompBoxParts were the only supplier with the FV-1 in stock. I end up ordering 3 chips😀😀 while I had the chance!

Cheers,
Thommo.

Awesome guys! Thanks for clearing that one up for me👍
StompBoxParts were the only supplier with the FV-1 in stock. I end up ordering 3 chips😀😀 while I had the chance!

Cheers,
Thommo.
That's where I got my chips too. Got 2, in case I screw one up hahah:)

Back