Spirit box / EQD Ghost Echo

Finished this build in October 2023 and was my first build using a belton brick. Also my first build that wasn’t dirt/distortion. From my last posts, you can see the skill level gradually increasing from earlier builds. I also went with metal film resistors and WIMA caps for the caps I didn’t have on hand. This was my first attempt at drilling / painting my own enclosure and using waterslide decals. Overall I was satisfied with the build, sound and look of the pedal. I saw the raving reviews and glad I gave it a shot.

The Good
This build is pretty accessible for most beginners and doesn’t have a high part count. The belton brick fits well on the underside of the PCB easily and I had no problems getting the pins through the holes or mounting it. There really isn’t a bad setting on this thing; pretty much any setting (aside from all knobs dimed into oscillation) sound pleasant. I’d recommend this as a first reverb or modulation build as this fits somewhere between a reverb and delay I’d say.

The Bad
The Belton Brick was sourced from Stomp Box parts, so a third shipping cost on top of my Tayda order and the board from PPCB. Still beats paying any price of an actual ghost echo so not a big deal. My only complaint from the build itself was the volume drop if using the build documentations resistor value for R4 @ 10k. I increased it to 18k and it fixed any noticeable volume discrepancy. Maybe worth socketing and experimenting

Bonus: cat tax which inspired the artwork!

IMG_1313.jpeg IMG_1618.jpeg IMG_1312.jpeg
IMG_1630.jpeg

Last edited:
Back