Spirit box noise.

JohnnyPunk

Im getting a weird hiss? Or just some ambient noise on this spirit box when turning up the depth and just doesn't sound right. Not sure what the hell is going on. Any ideas?? Should I have used film box capacitors instead of ceramic ones? Is it some ground issue?

Attachments

• IMG_5107.jpeg
    IMG_5107.jpeg
    608.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5106.jpeg
    IMG_5106.jpeg
    591.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5105.jpeg
    IMG_5105.jpeg
    577.3 KB · Views: 23
I'd check the soldering first, make sure everything looks good, then i'd try a new 2399 from a reliable supplier.

If the problem remains, i'd check the soldering again, and try to locate the issue with an audio-probe. Probing the signal path progressively, following schematics, to find where the noise starts in the circuit.

You could also post some voltage readings, as described here :

Dealing with the same thing. I probed the circuit in many spots to narrow down the source of the noise. I ended up pulling the Belton Brick and wiring it up on the breadboard alone to hear the same hissy noise present in the circuit. I think its coming from the brick.

I swapped it (in both configurations) with another brick on hand (the M) and hear the same noise. I bought both bricks from Stompbox Parts this year.

I wonder if it could be power supply related. That would be the last thing to check for me.

Is the BTDR-2 just inherently noisy??

Back