Stereo Low Tide, link a single random LFO microcontroller to both boards.

tegendemuur

Title says it all, I think. Are there things to keep in mind when attempting this?

There's no schematic yet (and my boards aren't in yet), so I added a picture of the PCBs for the convenience of that person who knows what they're looking at and can tell me how to run the wires. :)

Attachments

• LowTideMini.jpg
    LowTideMini.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 5
Late reply! But thanks again man! Was looking on the PedalPCB site, but the build documentation hasn't the schematic in it yet. Bookmarked the project folder structure right away. :)

An easy location to add a switch! As it looks like I'll be adding a switch to set the LFO individual / shared.

Last edited:
question there's probably a good answer too... why?
In my mind the benefit of stereo low tide would be the randomness is different on each side

@LukeFRC Yes, it's why there's going to be a switch for synced and unsynced. At low depth settings, it's probably wonderful to let each side do their own thing. But at higher depth settings, I expect the imbalance to work against itself?

how would you do this? I'm looking after this exact same concept of a stereo shallow water with only one random control thing, but I have no idea how to make it work because I'm a dummy in electronics

how would you do this? I'm looking after this exact same concept of a stereo shallow water with only one random control thing, but I have no idea how to make it work because I'm a dummy in electronics

Dummie too! I am not entirely sure yet. Going to put sockets in place around these bits of the circuit and see what works. I think you can easily split the signal where controller pin 5 pops out (at the slew pot), because voltage stays the same. As you can see in this diagram, the rate and slew pot connect straight to the controller, so you can put switches to choose one microcontroller, or both, depending on what you want the depth and slew to control. :)

Attachments

• _20240602_080216 (1).JPG
    _20240602_080216 (1).JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back