"Stingless" Sugarbag (Fat Bee) Drive

Zennmaster

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
As they all seem to, this one went together without much fuss.

Yes, another boring build report.

What I learned: a Sugarbag is a non-stinging bee from Australia. That seemed pretty cool, so I call this one "Stingless". (No Sting, All Bite).

The art is waterslide on a glow-in-the-dark powedercoated Tayda 125B.

Only one more to come in my Beetronics Hive. :cool:

20240317_175514~2.jpg 20240317_175612.jpg

As always, thanks to everyone who answered other people's questions so I didn't have to ask!

Clean... Clean... Clean. I appreciate boring build reports so keep them coming.

And I have to say...
As always, thanks to everyone who answered other people's questions so I didn't have to ask!
This is the sign of someone doing things rright. The answers to your questions are likely out there with just a bit of using the search function. There is no substitute for digging in and reading.

Good work! How does it sound? I am working on mine and initially found it quite low gain device. Finding right J113 improved things a bit. It is also rather dark and bassy sounding. Thinking of a couple of simple mods to try.

Good work! How does it sound? I am working on mine and initially found it quite low gain device. Finding right J113 improved things a bit. It is also rather dark and bassy sounding. Thinking of a couple of simple mods to try.
Thanks!

Lately I've been doing a lot more building than playing.

I haven't really bonded with it just yet, and haven't found the sweet spot, but so far I'm enjoying the process. I'd be very interested in hearing how your mods turn out!

Lately I've been doing a lot more building than playing.
I hear you man. I too have been doing more building than playing, but I have a gig coming up, so I need to be prioritizing practice. I think I get the most out of this when I spend a while building, and then spend a while playing. When I build new pedals, I use that as an opportunity to try new things in my playing, and then I spend time playing and thinking about what I could build to make my playing better. For me personally, these swings between building and playing make both more enjoyable.

I hear you man. I too have been doing more building than playing, but I have a gig coming up, so I need to be prioritizing practice. I think I get the most out of this when I spend a while building, and then spend a while playing. When I build new pedals, I use that as an opportunity to try new things in my playing, and then I spend time playing and thinking about what I could build to make my playing better. For me personally, these swings between building and playing make both more enjoyable.
Well said! I agree, it's a cyclical thing. Each swing is rewarding and creative in its own way, and both are great fun.

And by the way, I really love the color of this enclosure. I bought one this color by accident, and I thought oh man what am I going to do with this? But it grew on me. There's something about this color that make it feel rich, and when you drop it on a pedal board with other colored pedals, it really stands out for some reason.

And by the way, I really love the color of this enclosure. I bought one this color by accident, and I thought oh man what am I going to do with this? But it grew on me. There's something about this color that make it feel rich, and when you drop it on a pedal board with other colored pedals, it really stands out for some reason.
I admit, I am a sucker for Glow-In-The-Dark things. This one, though, I would love even if it didn't glow. You're right: it's not quite white, not quite cream. "Rich" is a good word for it.

Back