Stormy chorus-Blackhat Boojum CE-2

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Like many of Clinton's board designs, it starts with some nerding out over classic Boss designs and the inner workings of analog BBD designs. There is a lot of hype, perpetuated lies and a lot of romanticism of the MN3XXX series of integrated circuits. Much of the lore is that the 300x series is far superior to the 320x series. Lots of words like headroom, noise floor, frequency response and countless other myths are talked about on Internet forums. @blackhatboojum and I went through this testing during multiple builds of the BF-2 flanger and he decided to make a MN3007 CE-2 to test side by side with an MN3207 build.

The results are again circuit dependent. In the BF-2 the 3207 is the clear winner. Using a 3007 made it lifeless and devoid of its mojo. In the CE-2 though, the TGP may have it right with the assessment that the 3007 is the superior option. The chorus feels a little more lush and has more depth and dimension. The noise floor is also lower, but some of that may also be Clinton's layout, he really did a great job on this one.

I took my inspiration from the moody atmosphere of the sound and named it Stormy. X-Men 97' Storm was my muse and I'm very pleased with how it came out. Matte light blue tayda enclosure and UV print. This one will not be leaving my signal chain for the foreseeable future and it's an entire vibe any time I turn it on. Can't wait to share my next collaboration with Clinton💅
1000005567.jpg 1000005565.jpg 1000005566.jpg

Omg that’s so good. I love the new X-men 97 btw.
Thanks, and yeah, X-Men 97 was awesome
I prefer the 3007 in the CE2 circuit as well. It wouldn't stop me from using one with a 3207 but it does have that little extra bit of goodness. I vastly prefer a DM2 with a 3005 but I think that's more up to personal preference. I think the 3205 is great too, just a slightly different delay.
Hold that thought because the next build report I am going to challenge that notion.
1000002775.jpg

Back