Sushi Box FX (C2CE) Particle Accelerator

Mentaltossflycoon

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
I've been in a tiny rut this summer for a bunch of reasons, mostly related to chronic back pain leading to brief, scatterbrained sessions at the bench. I set aside the projects I've been avoiding and dug in to the box of shame as a bit of a reset.

I had forgotten that this was in there, there was something up with the power section and I had set it aside. Soon after, I built a nobelium and it killed all motivation to build any other preamps.

I took it apart, freshened up the wires and reflowed all the joints. It lit up for a second and then immediately died. Figured it was either the IRF740 or the NE555. I burgled the IC out of my black eye and boom goes the dynamite.

Sounds amazing, I've been playing it through the class D power section of my ampeg pf500 with a barefaced supertwin and the clean, beefy fendery toans are massive. I've never messed with an F2-B or a showman so I have nothing to compare but it has me more motivated to acquire a bassdude. Pokemons gonna pokemon.

Favorite use so far has been squier bass VI>Acrobat on the dirty side>PA with the gain above 3 o'clock. I'm not so in to the dirt with the gain dimed by itself but hitting it with boost/dirt pedals so far has been excellent. I have a Space Heater which I like quite a bit but the eq controls of the PA are pretty useful.

Gotta say, I love a simple 2 step troubleshoot but damn, I let this thing fester for way too long when it was pretty close to the finish line the whole time.

20240731_115137.jpg Screenshot_20240731_152531_Gallery.jpg

Back