Swapping caps Caesar chorus?

Lewage

Just realized I missed ordering 8n2 caps for a Caesar Chorus (Walrus Julia) 6n8 and 10n are the closest I have on hand. Would substituting one of those be a problem in this circuit?

Any chance you have two caps that sum to make 8.2nF? E.g., you could put 2 caps in parallel such as a 4.7 and 3.3 nF (cap values add when added in parallel), etc. I've often done this - if only one cap's wires can fit in the hole, you can solder them in a kind of 'piggyback' manner - where one cap's legs are soldered in the holes, and the 2nd cap is soldered to the 1st cap's legs.

Last edited:
Any chance you have two caps that sum to make 8.2nF? E.g., you could put 2 caps in parallel such as a 4.7 and 3.3 nF (cap values add when added in parallel), etc. I've often done this - if only one cap's wires can fit in the hole, you can solder them in a kind of 'piggyback' manner - where one cap's legs are soldered in the holes, and the 2nd cap is soldered to the 1st cap's legs.
I just finished one of these the other night and I know I subbed some caps... I think I got the 8n2s special though. That technique never occured to me so thanks for sharing.

Back