Sweet Honey OD Deluxe - anyone know where I can get a schematic?

I'd be very interested in seeing this too. I've read some comments from Bjorn saying it's very different from the sweet honey but Mad Professor wanted to sell it based off the sweet honeys success. It would be good to see how accurate that is.

+1 in the interest. Though I can't help with the schematic.

Interesting timing, as I just finished a Honey Beest on vero. I didn't realise the Mojito was based on the HB until I was mid-vero.

Funnily enough the parts for the Mojito in my backlog are due to arrive today, so I will get to compare. An improvement on the HB sounds great because I am loving the HB.

+1 in the interest. Though I can't help with the schematic.

Interesting timing, as I just finished a Honey Beest on vero. I didn't realise the Mojito was based on the HB until I was mid-vero.

Funnily enough the parts for the Mojito in my backlog are due to arrive today, so I will get to compare. An improvement on the HB sounds great because I am loving the HB.

I have a Mojito in my build pile too. I'm a huge fan of the sweet honey/honey bee and have built loads of variants.

@szukalski my best sounding one is a sweet honey which looks like a pile of crap. The box wasn't drilled right, the knobs are different heights because the pot shafts are different and the parts were the cheapest things I could find. Oh and it was built on vero with terrible offboard wiring.

It was like the third pedal I ever made and I loved it. Once I'd been building for a while I decided I needed an upgrade so built a new one on pcb in a new box with sexy graphics and good quality parts. I was waiting for angels to sing when I turned it on for the first time and couldn't quite believe my ears when I didn't really like it.

I plugged old ratty one in and compared them back to back and my old one easily won hands down. Annoyingly I've not managed to build another one which sounds as good yet. :ROFLMAO:

@szukalski my best sounding one is a sweet honey which looks like a pile of crap. The box wasn't drilled right, the knobs are different heights because the pot shafts are different and the parts were the cheapest things I could find. Oh and it was built on vero with terrible offboard wiring.

It was like the third pedal I ever made and I loved it. Once I'd been building for a while I decided I needed an upgrade so built a new one on pcb in a new box with sexy graphics and good quality parts. I was waiting for angels to sing when I turned it on for the first time and couldn't quite believe my ears when I didn't really like it.

I plugged old ratty one in and compared them back to back and my old one easily won hands down. Annoyingly I've not managed to build another one which sounds as good yet. :ROFLMAO:
From the handwired BJ's that I have seen, they have to look like crap to sound good!

my best sounding one is a sweet honey which looks like a pile of crap. The box wasn't drilled right, the knobs are different heights because the pot shafts are different and the parts were the cheapest things I could find. Oh and it was built on vero with terrible offboard wiring.
After I built this Honey Beest, I need to build a bunch more of variants. Mojito and Sweet Honey being next on the list.

Do you have the Duo-Cast before or after the HB?

With PREGAIN at zero, the 1st stage of the Honey Beest is running very close to unity gain and you effectively have a Honey Bee.

Do you have the Duo-Cast before or after the HB?

With PREGAIN at zero, the 1st stage of the Honey Beest is running very close to unity gain and you effectively have a Honey Bee.
Before the HB. It takes away the high end of the Duocast (my main gripe with it).

The idea I have is to have a single channel Broadcast, minus the transformer, as the boost stage of a Honey Bee. What you’re saying about the pre-gain validates the train of thought. I have a bunch of BA482 to test on the breadboard so maybe a modification of a mojito is worth a shot.

One of the features that the Mojito give you is it splits the NATURE control into separate TREBLE and BASS controls. It also retunes the TREBLE control and allows boost or cut (HB only does treble boost). The Mojito has a larger BOOST range than the Honey Beest.
There are also some subtle component differences in the opamp's feedback paths.
All of these things can be tweaked per your personal taste.

Back